Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Matthew McConaughey Enjoys Being a Lawyer, as Does Daniel Radcliffe. Can a Man-made Man Be a Real Man? And a Sneak Peek Image of Holmes and Watson.


I'm going to say right off the bat that like a billion women on the face of this great huge Earth, I am a fan of the scrumptious Matthew McConaughey. BIG fan. But what I've noticed was a pattern which he picks his movies. He likes to portray lawyers of impossible cases. He likes to defend the weak and downtrodden. He was Roger Sherman Baldwin in Amistad, Jake Brigance in A Time To Kill (Little Tonya always gets to me. "I'm sorry I dropped the groceries, daddy" and I bawl every time), and now Mickey Haller in the upcoming The Lincoln Lawyer, as a man who operates his business out of his Lincoln town car and defends basically the lowlives like drug dealers, pimps, drunk drivers and such. He gets hired to defend another lowlife who attacked a woman he met at a bar (Ryan Philippe, whom I'll never believe that he did it because of his little baby face that'll never go away), except this lowlife is rich, and of course Haller is hearts aflutter for the fees he's going to receive. Except something happens which leads him to question his morals and restructure his life. What that is, I won't reveal. You'll just have to watch his delectable yumminess on March 18th, when the movie comes out.





Speaking of Lawyers, Dan Radcliffe, the Chosen Boy Who Lived is going to be starring in a new movie called The Woman in Black, a story about ghosts who are set on revenge. Why? Don't know. But I do know I want to see Dan and judge his acting skills beyond the 11 years he's been with HP. We're over it. Move on to bigger and better things, much like Rupert Grint has been doing with Driving Lessons, CherryBomb, and Wild Target. All we've seen Emma Watson is in Ballet Shoes, BBC TV movie which she was actually pretty good in. She's using her good looks to be the face of campaign and to go to school at Brown University. Pretty fancy schmancy.


My Floridian counterpart will be thrilled to know that Danny Boyle is coming out with a new theatrical production, his telling of the Mary Shelley classic, Frankenstein. Too bad he won't be able to attend it all the way in London, but maybe he'll enjoy this minute trailer.

I very much enjoy first looks. However, this is the second image made available for the second Sherlock Holmes entitled, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment