Friday, March 18, 2011

Ewan McGregor, Where Have You Been??

No, I'm not saying that he's stopped making movies. He's been making them. But since The Man Who Stare at Goats where he was Bob Wilton and the Narrator, he's been kind of eh, lately. I mean, I know he was in I Love You, Philip Morris with Jim Carrey, and it was an interesting movie. And he was in Nanny McPhee Returns--my point is, these movies haven't been really substantial to an actor of his high caliber. Until now.

Beginners unites McGregor, Christopher Plummer (Who will ALWAYS be Cpt. Von Trapp to me), Goran Visnjic of ER fame, and Mélanie Laurent of the AWESOMEST Inglorious Basterds. I have to say. It promises, and it promises well.




Perfect Sense brings together the two Ewan's. Ewen Bremner and McGregor first partnered in the film Trainspotting, which was highly successful for McGregor, putting him in the light of Hollywood. It also introduced us to a Scottish fanbase which includes director Danny Boyle, Kelly McDonald, Kevin McKidd, Peter Mullen, and though he's British, Johnny Lee Miller. Now, Perfect Sense has Eva Green, a scientist, and McGregor as a chef. In this ficticious world, an epidemic starts affecting the people's sensory perceptions. And again, it promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment