Friday, January 14, 2011

Recent Updates: The New Spidey, Film Festivals, Give it up, PLEASE, and God bless America.




At the current moment it may be titled, "Untitled Spider-Man Reboot" but filming already has begun, and from the looks of it, may be dark and angsty. The Social Network's Andrew Garfield will be taking on the title role, with Easy A's Emma Stone as his leading lady, Gwen Stacy. Yes, I know. Comic book geeks all know Peter Parker's leading lady will always be fiery red-head Mary Jane Watson, and those of you who know Emma Stone from Superbad will know that she'd be the perfect red-head to portray the role. But I think Director Marc Webb has different plans for this Spidey. He's back in high school, for one thing, and he's developing his abilities like a regular teenager would develop hormones. So this is going to be interesting, due to the fact that I actually really like Emma Stone and can't wait to see her in the upcoming The Help.

Just stating a fact here, I hate film festivals. Because GREAT movies like The Debt isn't immediately released to the public. In 1965, three young Israeli Mossad agents(after watching enough NCIS, I've become addicted to all things Mossad, even the name) on a secret mission capture and kill a notorious Nazi war criminal known as the Surgeon of Birkenau. Now a long time later, a man who claims to be the said Surgeon has re-emerged in Eastern Europe and one of the former agents who was initially assigned to kill him, skillfully portrayed by Dame Helen Mirren, whom I LOVE, must find him. Jessica Chastain, Sam Worthington, Ciaran Hinds, seriously. I would've paid money to see this in an actual theater, I wouldn't have downloaded it. It looks ridiculously incredible. Take a look:



In other news, my sound sources have recently told me of the upcoming 6th installment of Fast and the Furious. Come on! Sixth? Come out with the fifth first, then we'll talk about the next one. Plus, they're talking about a spin-off with The Rock (let's face it, Dwayne Johnson will forever be known as The Rock to me) as lead character Federal Agent Hobbs. I mean, Johnny Depp, who actually is considering a 5th Pirates needs to be careful. He may be the all-luscious Johnny Depp, but getting stereotyped is fairly easy in Hollywood. All I know is Paul Walker is either driving really fast or playing football for John Voight. Either or, they need to be careful.

I wrap up my post with this awesome AWESOME picture of Chris Evans, Captain America, the FIRST AVENGER in full costume.....so goose bumpy excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment