Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ondine


As the title precurses, I watched Ondine today. I happen to think Colin Farrell is an extremely underrated actor who suprised everyone, including me, when he won the Golden Globe for best actor at the Awards in 2009 for In Bruges, which by the way, he totally deserved. Sure, he did the basic bad boy image thing, and movies like Daredevil and SWAT, guilty pleasures no one would admit they enjoyed, except for me, because SWAT's got Jeremy Renner, and I've loved him ever since P!nk's music video for Trouble. I just think he's so incredibly underrated, and is now finally getting the recognition he deserves, due to movies like Ondine, Cassandra's Dream with Ewan McGregor (an absolute piece of work. But then again, it is Woody Allen, so I'm not surprised), Pride and Glory, which contains the talented Ed Norton, and Crazy Heart, which I didn't even know he was in until I saw him. I was pleasantly surprised. As crazy as it might seen, I hadn't seen the trailer to that movie, so I went in blind. And completely agreed with the members of the Academy for honoring Jeff Bridges with a Best Actor award. But back to Colin....

Let's not forget his unique work as the 3rd Tony in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, which he blew me away--I, again, was not expecting him to be cast, though like everyone who wanted to see Heath Ledger's posthumous movie, I flocked to watch the trailer as well. The caliber of his work is now compared to the accomplished and brilliant work of Johnny Depp. I kind of want to see a movie with both of them acting side by side, not the same person in an alternate world. That movie, I'm sure, will be one heck of a film. Speaking of Colin Farrell and movies that will be one heck of a film, Brendan Gleeson, Colin's costar from In Bruges, will be writing and directing a film called At-Swim-Two-Birds, and with such a respected actor like Gleeson at the helm, I am truly excited for this movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment