Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Marriage, Terminated.





I'm actually really sad to hear that one of the longer-lasting Hollywood-Political couples (let's be honest here, there's not many of them. Ronald and Nancy Reagan would be the last ones, wouldn't they?) have called it quits. It makes me sad--Maria Shriver, a Kennedy, falling in love with Mr. Universe, the Terminator himself, Ahnold. It seemed unseemly, yes. But they made it work, and for 25 years, they were together everywhere, doing everything, seeing everyone. Until I'm guessing, politics kind of ruined their marriage. Sources state that Maria didn't want Schwarzenegger to run for Political office--this coming from a Kennedy???--but he wound up doing it anyway, and she stayed with him through two terms. But as the state went kaput, so did their marriage. I can just feel the rumors being churned by someone's rumor mill that he stayed with her through his Political interests because of her famous family and their insane connections. I mean, his former uncle-in-law was JFK. You cannot get any more politically savvy than that. Nevertheless, it still makes me sad. They were different, but they made it work. I hope they seek counseling. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment